Sunday, November 12, 2006

KNIT PICTURE



My first blog photo! This was taken with my wireless phone. My son, junior in college, called to explain how it works. Anywho...this is a hat and scarf made for my Dad's 79th birthday, Nov. 18. Tomorrow it will go in the mail, along with homemade cookies and hand knitted wash clothes for his wife (a lovely girl.) Dad lives in Dallas, Texas and, although it is much milder there than here in the midwest, Dad has mesathelioma, an inoperable lung cancer, so he is often cold, even in the house. He's doing VERY well, in spite of the doctors' diagnosis, which would have buried him six months ago. Instead, he went dancing!

The hat was made with my wonderful ROUNDLOOM, the largest one. I added a jingle bell angel for some holiday cheer. The scarf was done with size 10 needles and 2 strands of yarn. I don't care for fringe so I found a soft, fluffy fun yarn to trim it in.

No comments: